401 West 50th Street, New York, NY | Directions 1001940.763737 -73.989328
Neighborhoods: Midtown, Clinton
Big Steeler Bar – If you are a Steeler fan this is the place to go. Everybody is wearing Steelers clothes and they all have a terrible towel. I really enjoy it because everybody's high fivin' and rooting with you. They are playing Steeler songs. Hibernia has really good hamburgers. The burgers are cooked not too rare and are fresh. They also have great wings. They are not too hot. I sometimes can't stop eating them.
Great Bar, Great Craic! – This is my favorite bar in New York. The Guinness is always good, and the Burgers are great (which you can get with tater tots!). The bartenders are great craic as well. There's always a good vibe here that keeps me coming back. And there's even a beer garden downstairs! Stop by, have a pint or two and you'll see why everyone keeps coming back....
Super Spot with a great vibe!! – Spent a great week in NYC there recently on vacation. Of all the bars we found ourselves in, this was by far the best. The atmosphere was buzzing, the food was great and the staff bent over backwards to ensure we had a great night. Will definititely make a beeline for the Hibernia next time I'm in NYC.
BEST BAR - EEEEVER!!! – Go and experience this amazing bar for yourself!! Here's my best attempt at describing how amazing this bar is!!
What my boyfriend and I LOVE about Hibernia (no particular order):
- the bartenders: are the owners(!!) - that pretty much sums it up; they're passionate, have a blast, know their customers and their drinks, everyone is family
- food: OMFG. THE BEST WINGS ON EARTH!! Order the "Fuego Wings - w/extra bleu cheese on the side" it's that good, none of that runny stuff. BEST POTATO SKINS!! They do not skimp on the bacon...or the cheese!!! They're just perfect. Toastie sando is also great, philly cheesesteak perfect (late nite drunken munchies), the sampler platter, mmmm the cheese fries or tater tots!!
- jukebox: keeps it fun!
- darts: same!! AND they host a tourney hahaa!
- hooks: every girl prefers this over hanging purse on the back of a chair!!
- bathroom: it's CLEAN!! and Spacious!! and it gets better... there's a hole (kept covered obviously) on bathroom door to get your mate out if they've passed out in there. (Yes, my boyfriend had to use it on me...hahahaa!)
- games: on the back wall they've got all the classics (Operation, Connect 4...now Connect 2, dominoes, Yahtzee, cards, etc)
- THE SHOE!!: hahahahaa!! They've got this pump (heel) a pretty, black, sparkly one(!!) that you take shots out of!! (check Hibernia out on fb, they've got tons of pix :) lolol)
- birthdays: if it's your birthday, they turn off the music, and the ENTIRE bar sings you happy birthday!!! how cool is that?!! (I was in there one night when they did this to someone, and I turned to my boyfriend, "Babe, I soooo wanna stop here first on my bday!!")
- other events: they do it BIG for every big holiday and sports event
- TVs: there's a HUGE projector screen that pulls down, and they've also got 3 other flat screens along the walls
I can go on and on :) those are my favorite things!!
The Most Excellent Bestest Bar in the Entire City!!! – There's almost no way to describe this bar. It's like hanging out in your living room with your favorite friends and booze!!! Every time I have been to Hibernia I have had a blast. The crowd is friendly, the bartenders amazing, and the bar has all you could ask for, outdoor patio, darts, TVs, jukebox. Writing about it makes me wish I was there right now. And before I forget, the menu has tater tots! Yes tater tots, this bar truly has everything.
Hottest bartenders ever!!! – I adore this place - great food, fun atmosphere and amazing service from such hotties ;) You will not be disappointed, ladies. I will be spending my Sunday Fun Days here for the rest of the football season....see you there!
Best bartenders in NYC – If you go to this bar and don't have a good time, you may want to check your pulse to see if you are still alive! Great bartenders serving cold beers, top shelf mixed drinks, and excellent food! What more can you ask for?
Best Irish Bar in NYC!!!! – From the bartenders that brought you Kevin St James & Scruffy Duffys comes a bar that exceeds all expectations. Whether you are a Scruffys or Kevins fan, you will LOVE this new bar in the heart of Hells Kitchen. Great service, awesome bartenders, and fabulous food will make this your #1 destination in NYC. Aidan, Mark, and Sean are the best bartenders ever...you are in for an amazing time once you step in this bar. Journey, Chin-nuts and football rule this bar!!! Come give the little leprachun on the bar some change... and have an amazing time in NYC!!!!! You will definitely be back!! By the way....the red velvet cake and nachos are to die for!!!
Official bar of Wales in NYC. It's a terribly splendid establishment, a great neighborhood bar, the paint job is second to none!!. The atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable, always a laugh to be had. The service is impeccable. A great Irish bar that loves the mighty Welsh. Great bar for a bit of banter and Jager bombs.....mmmmmm Jager bombs
Best Little Pub EVER – Very attentive staff. Never have to wait to be served or for seconds. An excellent variety of ddraft beers. A feel good place.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Hibernia on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.