507 E 6th St, New York, NY | Directions 1000940.725305 -73.983324
Neighborhoods: East Village, Downtown, Alphabet City
Amazing New American Cuisine – I heard about 6th Street Kitchen from a friend and he was impressed with the food here. Therefore, I booked a table for a group of close friends. We came here on Sunday night and when we got here, it was half full. The owner actually greeted us himself. That was rare and actually great because he could really tell us what the menu has to offer.
Since we have 5 people, we got to order a variety of dishes to sample. Portions here are tapas size so you need at least 2 plates per person to get satisfied.
Here is a summary of what we got:
1. Deviled Eggs: They are delicious with bacon bits on them. I wish I could eat more!
2. Ham Hock Fritters: Crunchy outside and soft and meaty inside. This plate totally rocks.
3. Goat Cheese croquette: I mean seriously, what can you not like about warm fried goat cheese on some greens?
4. scallops: This is the daily special and it is pretty good with some interesting citrus flavor.
5. Chili mango short ribs: These are more like fried short ribs. The chili is spicy yet refreshing and the ribs are juicy but crispy at the same time.
6. Meatballs: They are good but nothing too special about them.
7. Chorizo Sliders: I love these! It came in 3 sliders and the chorizo has amazing flavor and seasoning.
8. Spatzle with mushroom: Simply delicious. This is a must-eat!
Finally, we also got mango creme brulee, pumpkin ice cream sandwich, and apple pie. The creme brulee is pretty good too.
We had a great dining experience and it was very cool to meet the owner himself. I would like to come back again!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of 6th Street Kitchen on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.