Shopping >Paris Jewelers Inc
Very dissapointed long time customer. Wow - I can now understand why small businesses are failing in Ridgewood and Ridgewood Ave. is littered with shuttered storefronts. My family had shopped at Paris Jewelers for years (including my mother and my aunts) and we recently had the worst experience. My wife and I had our registry here, as did my brother and his wife and as did my cousin and her husband. It took months and months for us to finally get all of our china. When my wife and I finally got around to using all our china, we noticed that two of the plates, while in very good shape and very nice, were not the exact same pattern from our registry. My wife called and told them of the mistake. We assumed that we would be able to simply return the two plates (which were the same price) that they had mistakenly given us and receive two of the correct pattern. The response was unbelievable. My wife was told that the registry was closed and was too old and that they had no way to know "what really happened." My wife told me what happened and I assumed that something most have been lost in translation. We weren't trying to return defective or chipped plates, in which case the response would be completely reasonable. We were trying to exchange the two plates that had been given to us mistakenly for the two we should have received originally and which matched our pattern. I called back to clarify and was met with antagonism and accusation. The owner told me that what I was trying to do was akin to buying a car and trying to return it years later because there was a scratch on it. This obviously made no sense. I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with the plates - they were very nice - just not the plates for which we had registered. She also told me it was not the store's responsibility to make sure we got the correct plates. I pointed out the folly of that comment; a store is not responsible for fulfilling the correct order? Again she said she had no way of knowing what really happened. What did she think we did - break two plates, go out and buy two of equal value and then want to get one over on them by returning two perfectly good plates for two of a different pattern? What a masterstroke! Who knew that the preeminent criminal mind of our time was plotting away in a corner of Bergen County. Lastly the owner said that there was nothing she could do and that no store could do anything under these circumstances, even a "department store." I explained that this was exactly why you shop at a local "mom and pop" store so that you can build relationships over years and receive the personal touch. Alas, I realize I was wrong and I learned a lesson. You should shop at the megastores, because when a misunderstanding arises there and you are faced with a completely irrational person, you can write a letter to the president of the company, reach someone reasonable and receive some redress to your grievance. Well Paris Jeweler's, you may be right, we may never know "what really happened." But what we do know is that we'll be buying two replacements at Macy's...
The best of the best.
Wow Mfaucet, you are definitely a competitor or something of them. I totally disagree. This store is FANTASTIC...their merchandise is all high end from the jewelry to the gifts. I have been a customer there for about 6 years now and have been nothing but totally satisfied every step of the way. My entire family shops there and are all very satisfied and we recommend them to everyone. As for drop ship - don't really know what that means but if you are implying that they do not have any merchandise thats obviously bogus considering they have a beautiful showroom and a warehouse. I have returned things and never had a problem - those policies on the website are definitely not always informed but are probably there so shoppers don't take advantage of them.
As for wrapping - they have honestly been the best I have seen so far as to the protection they use around their china. There was one instance where I received a shipment and the glasses were broken from UPS and they replaced it at no charge within the week all you have to do is fill out a form.
buy nothing from this store!.
Yes, they will take 20% from you, even if you don't open the box, unwrap it or use it. They are completely nasty about it as well. They are middlemen, and drop ship everything. For buying jewelry - go to the diamond district on 47th in NYC. Better stuff, better deals. For china, do not buy from these people no matter what. The stuff is barely wrapped, and there could be broken stuff that they will try to unload on you. Customer support people are basically abusive, and they make you jump through hoops to do what should be a simple process, see below for their outrageous return policy:
1. All returns for non-damaged items, must be made within 15 days of receipt of merchandise.
2. You must call customer service at 877-447-2747 or E-mail your request to customerservice/parisjeweler for an authorization number, prior to your returning any item to us. Absolutely, no returns will be accepted without prior authorization. The shipment will be refused and returned to you.
3. All items must be returned, in their original packaging, as shipped by parisjeweler Any free promotional items must be returned, with the shipment.
4. Special orders, discontinued/retired items, and engraved items are non-returnable and upon placing the order, must be paid in full. Christmas ornaments, Christmas china & giftware, Spode Christmas Tree are all non-returnable.
5. The authorization number must be affixed to the front of the package. In the event that prior authorization is not obtained and written clearly on the package, the shipment will not be accepted for refund.
6. The customer is responsible for the cost of shipping and full-value insurance.
7. There is a 20% restocking fee on all returned merchandise, except damaged goods.
8. The customer will be credited or refunded for the merchandise, except for the original cost of shipping, incurred by us. Under no circumstances, will we refund the cost of shipping!
9. In the event that an item is received damaged, keep all original packing materials and contact us, within 3 days of the receipt of the shipment at 877-447-2747 or E-mail us at customerservice/parisjewelerm for further instructions. We cannot assume responsibility for damaged goods, after 3 days of the receipt of the merchandise.
10. You must contact UPS or FEDEX immediately, to report the damage. No damaged goods will be accepted without a claim form and full-value insurance.
MOST BEAUTIFUL JEWLERY. Paris is an upscale, family jewlwers in the beautiful town of RIdgewood NJ. My fiance had my engagement ring set there, They gave him advice of the side stones and setting. Absolutely wonderful. The gemologist was extremely knowledagble and spent a lot of time with my fiance to make sure my engagment ring was perfect!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!