632 Broadway Fl 7, New York, NY | Directions 1001240.725063 -73.997695
Neighborhoods: Downtown, NoHo
9300 Reality is the absolute WORST company I have ever dealt with in NYC. I have moved 6 times over the past 10 years here in NY and I have NEVER dealt with such incompetence and overall lack of caring for their tenants.
My fiance and I are great tenants. We pay our rent on time, we don't disturb our neighbors and we never complain about them either. We've dealt with multiple supers coming and going - my guess is because 9300 is poorly managing them. When it came time to re-up our lease - they pretended that they would negotiate with us given our good track record up until the last hour of needing to sign then decided against it leaving us in a really crappy situation of either moving quickly or dealing with the increase in rent. They truly just don't care - so don't try to negotiate.
They also brought on our 3rd super in the last year and he doesn't work on weekends! I'm pretty sure thats the sole purpose of a super - to be available on weekends as most working NY'ers can't get away during the week.
I PROMISE you there are better companies out there...just do some digging. But unless you just don't care...I would highly recommend never using this company.
!!!!! DO NOT RENT FROM 9300 REALTY/CROMAN REAL ESTATE !!!!! – I wish we would have found these reviews before we moved in.
First, we had to track down the super and practically beg for keys to our apartment on the 1st of the month. We corresponded for hours while we waited outside, and finally got a key around 6pm (a day that we paid for in our first month's rent)!! I was just lucky our movers were scheduled to come on the 2nd.
As we went through the apartment the first couple of days we noticed one problem, after another, after another...
For about 2-3 weeks we called and emailed our 9300 contact, Melissa Reyes, about these issues. We received NO response, NOT ONE. We finally went down to 9300's office and had what we thought was a successful meeting with Melissa. She apologized for the unacceptable condition of the apartment we moved into (and are paying too much money for). She promised to address all of the problems, send someone by the upcoming Friday to start the work, and follow up to our many emails as a confirmation - NONE THIS HAS HAPPENED and another FIVE DAYS have gone by. In the meeting she mentioned that she was new to the job and overwhelmed. We are really understanding people, but if she can't handle her job and/or 9300 can't manage their employees - it is NOT OUR PROBLEM!!!
The super has also been very difficult to get in touch with. He once set an appointment, so I took a day off of work to be there, but he stood me up (no big surprise after reading these other reviews). He finally stopped by after we sent many more texts, emails, and calls last week to fix a broken closet rack. He set up an appointment to come back again - but he never showed.
- The washing machine is COMPLETELY consumed by mildew - it is disgusting. We tried to clean it with bleach/vinegar as recommended online, but the putrid smell and mildew residue remain. We are currently paying to send our laundry out even though we thought we rented an apartment with a washer/dryer.
- The dryer does not work - it takes 2 hours to dry a very small load of laundry. It overheats and usually stops automatically after about 2 minutes.
- The dishwasher is broken. It smells like smoke/fire when we try to use it, and makes loud crunching noises.
- The oven does not work. I tried to bake a cake to test the oven after I discovered the other faulty appliances. I set it to 350 and the cake burnt to a crisp after about 7 minutes of the 35 minute bake time. I held a meat thermometer in the oven to test the temperature. It went up and up and melted as it was approaching 500 degrees! I'm not sure if this is an oven problem or a gas line problem.
- The hot water doesn't work most of the time...cold/lukewarm showers are becoming the norm.
- The apartment has a small wine cooler, which is nice, but a huge waste of space in a tiny kitchen with very few cabinets. The real problem is that it doesn't even work!!
- The freezer is completely covered in a thick frost/ice, and has not been properly maintained or defrosted in years. Because of this the drawers inside are nearly impossible to open/use.
- There are big gaps in the floor around the radiator pipe where cockroaches can crawl in.
- The street facing/fire escape windows do not lock. Unbelievably, there is actually no locking mechanism on the window!!! We have secured them on our own in the meantime, but are still waiting for proper window locks....
- Every other apartment in the complex has a 2nd deadbolt. At the meeting we were told we had to buy our own and they would install it.
- The prior tenant left a mirror on a closet door that is impossible to remove. The super told us it would be removed if we didn't want it. We want to hang a shelving system on the door, so we don't want this mirror. Has it been removed? NO.
PLEASE DO NOT RENT FROM 9300! 9300 apartments are OVERPRICED pieces of JUNK, and this is the most CRIMINAL and UNPROFESSIONAL rental company I have ever encountered.
Worst Landlord Ever – Avoid this company at all cost. Seriously, you might think you are getting a deal, but you are not . . . there are many many ways a landlord can make the life of a tenant miserable, and it just isn't worth the risk . . . found this out the hard way.
steven croman must stop this madness – worst experience ever, small holes, HIGH rents, they still your money by law.....DO NOT RENT FROM THEM (bunch of faggxxxt)
Ugh so many fake good reviews...they are just the worst.
I have lived in two different 9300 Realty apartments- 346 E. 18th St. (3 years) and 410 E. 13th St. (1 year)- and out of the 10 years I have lived in Manhattan, am absolutely certain this is the worst management company in the city. DO NOT RENT FROM THEM!! There are much bigger and better apartments for what you pay for here- with management companies that actually do their jobs.
Their apartments may look really nice when you first see them- but they are extremely overpriced, even for Manhattan. Second, the apartment renovations hide a lot of problems and the management company is impossible to reach to fix them. Do not think "Oh it's just her apartment, mine will be fine"- I've lived in two different apartments in two different buildings with them, plus there are tons of other people who have had the same experience. Here are some fun things you will likely get to experience if you rent one of their apartments:
1) Be prepared to use your vacation or sick days to make sure they do their job. Any time anything was wrong- which was a lot- I had to take time out of my day to go down to the management office and tell someone in person- and THEN I needed to be home for the appointment for things to get fixed. About 5 times, the maintenance people or construction workers were late or a no-show.
2) Rent being raised colossally on renewal (my rent went up $250 higher this year on renewal)
3) No gas for 6 weeks, including over holidays. I also had a broken oven for 2 weeks. So, plan on not spending too much time entertaining or eating in your apartment.
4) Water boiler not working throughout the winter- and taking freezing cold showers during a freezing cold day.
5) Holes in the ceiling for 2 weeks while they tried to fix the pipes in the building. An exterminator who came by was horrified that the apartments were exposed for so long.
6) Construction lasted for a month for the pipes, the workers broke a bunch of things and got dust everywhere in the apartment- the company did not warn or reimburse us
7) Renovations in the apartment above me last 7 months and started at 7:30 am every single morning- which is illegal.
8) The supers in both building would fight with us if we got locked out and wanted them to open our apartment. Neither of them actually helped with anything- we have been waiting a year to get light bulbs that we can't reach replaced in our current apartment
9) In the first apartment, a pipe above us burst. The ceiling started caving in and then there was a giant hole. They never responded to my calls- I literally had to take a day off of work to go all the way down to the actually company to make them fix the ceiling.
10) Paper thin walls and floors- my roommate could literally hear everything the people next door were saying. In both apartments, it sounded like people were walking around in heels all day.
11) Completely disorganized- and somehow it will be come your responsibility to fix it. After all, you can't get the reputation of worst management company in New York if you actually do your job! They lost my information during my lease, and asked me to redo a credit check etc. a year into the lease. Fast forward to my move out date- and they tell me I have to move out a month later than my original lease because they messed up and sent me two renewals, one which had the wrong date.
People are constantly sending flyers around urging residents to report them to the Better Business Bureau or New York State Attorney General. That's always a good sign.
So, why did I choose a second apartment with them after my experience with the first? The same reason a person reading this review would still choose to rent an apartment with them- they think their experience will be different. It won't be.
Don't believe good reviews on Croman Real Estate or 9300 – Anyone that writes a positive review for Croman Real Estate Inc., or 9300 Realty, are probably being paid by the Cromans to write it, or they work for them. In the March 24, 1998 issue of The Village Voice landlords Steve and Harriet Croman were featured as one of the Ten Worst Landlords in NYC. Google them and see for yourself that there are countless articles on them and their depraved indifference to their tenants.
I speak as a Croman tenant, who has witnessed the destruction and ruined lives, including my own, that this landlord has inflicted on their tenants. Living in a Croman building is a nightmare. Once the Cromans begin demolishing the buildings in the name of rennovation, it is like living in a combat zone. Your apartment becomes flooded with toxic renovation dust
that is full of lead, crystalline silica, asbestos, etc. Not to mention the mess and day in and day out demolition construction noise. Your entire apartment becomes blanketed in renovation dust and you have to clean it yourself, because the Cromans do not answer letters, phone calls, to clean up the mess in tenants apartments from the demolition work. etc. In the winter we barely get heat and hot water and many many days of no heat at all. Call for a repair and no human person answers a phone, you go to voicemail. Repairs are not made and you have to get the city agencies involved, or go to court to get a repair. The supers and staff are abusive and treat tenants like garbage. Tenant are accused of not paying their rent, when their rent is paid and they owe no rent. Then the Croman's lawyers drag the tenants to court on baseless lawsuits, and tenants have to take time off from work to defend themselves from this harassment of using the courts as an instrument of harassment on tenants. They never register tenants with DHCR for years at a time and tenants never receive annual security deposit interest checks, as reguired by law. The Croman's rarely send lease renewals and if you do get one and sign it and send it back to them by certified mail to co-sign and send back to you, they do not return your lease renewal to you. Then when you are ready to move out, they will NOT RETURN you security deposit to you. If this happens please file a complaint with the New York State Attorney's General Office.
So please do not believe any positive reviews that praise the Cromans, Croman Real Estate or 9300 Realty. This is truly a criminal enterprise run by the most unethical people. May all the misery that the Cromans have inflicted on so many vunerable tenants, come back to them a hundred fold.
Please protect yourselves and DO NOT RENT FROM THIS LANDLORD!
Thank you for your time, we appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to call or email us directly to discuss further. Phone: (212) 228-9300 or feedback at 9300realty dot com
Best Apartment Ever!!! – My family lived in a Park Avenue Coop for more than 20 years before moving into a 9300 managed building on East 100th street and this apartment has more than exceeded my expectations. First of all, my apartment is drop dead gorgeous!!! The black granite countertops and window sills, the crown molding, my hardwood floors sparkle like a diamond, my bathrooms are a cream colored marble, I have a built in microwave, dishwasher & an actual wine cellar!!! But nothing beats my own personal WASHER & DRYER!!! Every day I wake up & say thanks for this luxury!!! My building is immaculate. The floors, hallways & windows in the common areas shine, the garbage room sparkles & the super is always available. He is here within minutes and takes care of all my concerns efficiently and with a smile. Before moving in, I informed management that my child has disabilities and they took it upon themselves to add extra safety features to all windows and doors which is only one of many examples of how this team has gone above and beyond to make my apartment a true home. The 9300 buildings are one of the very few
GREAT REAL ESTATE COMPANY – I was very hesitant to get my apartment through Croman because of they reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. The leasing manager Brian was extremely helpful and answered my questions in a timely manner. The rental process was explained very thouroughly and I was never confused at any point. They made sure to accomodate me in any way possible and they even went as far as introducing me to my landlord with my mother in their office to ensure that all of our questions were answered. I would rent an apartment from them anytime and definitely recommend them to all of my friends!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of 9300realty on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.